The Health And Safety Of Our Clients And Staff Are Of Paramount Importance To The Management Team Of AION Recovery.
In light of recent events concerning COVID-19 Coronavirus, we are proceeding with an abundance of caution and responding as needed. Preventative steps we are taking at this time include:
- We have changed our program schedule at all levels of care to avoid public spaces including AA/NA meetings. As 12-step meetings are an important part of recovery, we are working hard to bring in guests speakers and chairing our own meetings in-house.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the entire clinic. Staff and clients are routinely reminded to utilize universal precautions and wash hands often. Further, a hand washing workshop was conducted by our staff nurse for our clients and this will be repeated weekly while this pandemic period continues.
- We are adapting clinical activities to reduce physical contact (no handshakes, etc)
- Surfaces in shared spaces such as group rooms, bio beds, massage chairs, vehicles, exam tables, etc. are disinfected on a daily basis.
- We are conducting extensive screening as to who is allowed into our facilities. Staff has been educated about monitoring any signs or symptoms and has been trained to report them to our medical team. Upon admission to all levels of care, all clients undergo an evaluation which includes checking for symptoms of corona virus
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will keep our AION community informed through social media and website communications.
Ricardo A. Santiago, LMHC
Clinical Director – AION Recovery
For Updates on the Coronavirus please visit the
CDC Website here > CDC Coronavirus Update
In essence, we follow Standard Precautions as laid out by the CDC, which “are the minimum infection prevention practices that apply to all patient care, regardless of suspected or confirmed infection status of the patient, in any setting where health care is delivered.” These practices include, among others:
- Hand hygiene.
- Use of personal protective equipment (e.g., gloves, masks, eyewear).
- Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette.
- Sterile instruments and devices.
- Clean and disinfected environmental surfaces.
What an amazing company. Your website is unique and easy to follow. Cant wait to see some blogs! Thank you for everything you guys do for the recovery community!